Pa-O Youth Organization (PYO)
Statement on the COVID-19 Pandemic
27 March 2020
The COVID-19 Pandemic is a very huge important health issue for all human beings. Therefore with the objective of escaping and prevention from COVID-19, we release this statement.
(1) Starting from 25 March 2020 to the end of April 2020 and until the virus situation is stable, PYO will postpone all big meetings and gathering events.
(2) All PYO staffs will work from home until the end of April 2020 and until the virus situation is stable and when le PYO’s work and activities will be able to continue normally as before.
(3) PYO has also locked down all the staff for travelling abroad. If there is an urgent trip comes up within local areas and country, all traveling staff must avoid from taking public transportations, staying at crowded places, and getting into a crowd and must only take own vehicle or motorbike or bicycle.
(4) All PYO staffs will practice and follow the World Health Organization (WHO) and Health Department policy, guidelines and regulations.
(5) PYO staffs will share updates from their respective areas to our organization, as well as share nationwide information related with the COVID-19 Pandemic to their respective communities, via online communication as much as possible.
(6) All PYO staffs should inform the organization in time if staffs travelled to places with virus infections or when they have been in close contact with COVID-19 infected persons. Especially, when suffering the symptom of COVID-19 such as sickness (temperature 38 C/ 100.4 F & above), coughing, hard to breath, become weak, PYO encourage that person to immediately inform our organization.
(7) All PYO staffs must take care of their own healthcare and when there is a normal sickness; PYO will support that staff as organization’s policy. If there is a suspicion of possible COVID-19 infection, that staff must immediately inform the organization and people in-charge will send that person to clinic or hospital for treatment.
(8) Although PYO postpones all gathering events and travelling around, all PYO staff will continue communicating with each other normally via phone or internet.
(9) To prevent that some will take advantages of the crisis and try to get economic, political or military benefits from COVID-19 issues. There should be adequate information and services without accusing & discriminating each other. We would like to see people working together to address the crisis.
(10) We strongly encourage Government and responsive people from the healthcare service to provide adequate information to all people, including in ethnic languages that are understandable to local people. We also want the government to ensure there is sufficient support and increase its budget to help people in raising awareness and prevent harm
(11) We urge the government and health care providers that emergency relied related to COVID-19 pandemic responses must reach everyone, including minorities and indigenous peoples and they should provide support free of charge to people who are not able to pay.
(12) PYO believes that people must not panic, and be strong & calm and together try to work out with correct & better information and ways to prevent and counteract the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pa-O Youth Organization (PYO)